Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This colorful taco salad is fresh and delicious. All the flavor of your favorite taco meal but so much healthier!
- 1 head of romaine or lettuce of your choice, chopped
- 1½ lb ground beef
- 3 T taco seasoning
- ½ c water
- organic salsa of your choice
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- shredded goat cheddar, Manchego cheese, or Lambchopper cheese
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning and water and simmer until water is absorbed.
- Place lettuce in bowls and top with salsa, onion, tomatoes, and avocados.
- Spoon meat mixture on top of salad.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and serve.