Hamburgers with Pepper Chutney
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This hamburger salad is both healthy and delicious. The pepper chutney adds a fresh flavor and makes for a beautiful dish!
- 1 14.5 oz can or jar of stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ c thinly sliced scallions
- 1 T mustard
- ¼ t oregano
- ¼ t sea salt
- ⅛ t black pepper
- 4 c shredded Romaine lettuce (or leaves of your choice)
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine stewed tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until chutney is thick and peppers are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler or prepare grill.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, scallions, mustard, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Shape into 4 patties and broil 5" from heat for about 7 minutes or until browned and cooked to medium-well.
- Place burgers on serving plates atop the lettuce.
- Add sliced fresh tomato and red onion.
- Spoon chutney on top the burger and drizzle olive oil across the salad.