Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
Noodles made out of squash are both nutritious and delicious. It twirls and slurps just like regular noodles without all the empty calories and inflammatory effects of traditional pasta.
- 3-4 medium zucchini or yellow squash, washed
- 1 spiral vegetable slicer such as the Veggetti
- Cut ends off the wide ends of the squash.
- Place squash cut side down into the vegetable slicer.
- Push down and turn squash until the entire squash is sliced into noodles.
- Repeat with the remaining squash.
- Cut noodles in fourths for a more manageable size.
- Can be cooked in oil or sauce. Cook time is dependent on desired texture. May serve them raw for al dente.