Spinach with Garlic
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
Lemon and garlic create the perfect combination to make this spinach side dish exquisite!
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves, peeled and chopped
- sea salt to taste
- ¼ c fresh lemon juice
- Wash the spinach well, drain, and remove large stems.
- If leaves are very large, cut them in half; otherwise leave them whole.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet and add the garlic.
- Sauté, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach in batches as it wilts down, and pour off any liquid that accumulates.
- Sauté just until the spinach is wilted and bright green.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!