Spicy Fish Soup
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Soups
This fish soup is so healthy and delicious. The tomato and jalapeño add awesome flavor while the coconut milk and pasture butter create a perfect texture!
- 1½ lbs Arctic Char, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 white onion medium, diced
- 32 oz fire roasted tomato
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 T dried minced thyme
- 1 T pasture butter
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pan, heat butter and olive oil.
- Add onion and jalapeño, and cook over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add thyme and fire roasted tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes and allow some juice to reduce and thyme to become fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and veggie broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add char, salt and pepper and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes.