Spicy Chicken with Peppers and Basil
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
An easy to make chicken dish great for the family or just you.
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp Safflower oil
- 1 Tbsp hot chile oil
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small to medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 20 leaves fresh sweet basil, torn
- Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips into bite size pieces. Set chicken aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add cooking oil and hot chile oil. Sprinkle in crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes. Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add fish sauce.
- Remove the pan from heat and add basil. Toss chicken dish until basil wilts.