Slow Cooker Sausage Stew
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish, Soups
This hearty stew is loaded with veggies and packed with flavor. The sausage makes for a tasty and satisfying cold weather meal!
- 2 lb beef Kiebalsa sausage, sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- chopped garlic, to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package sliced mushroom
- 1 package frozen peas
- 1 lg sweet potato, cubed
- 2 cups baby carrots, sliced
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1½ T fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pkg brussel sprouts, optional
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion to skillet, and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sausage, mushrooms, and spinach to pan.
- Cook until sausage is browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour contents of skillet into crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat on low for 8 hours.
Adapted from http://www.marthastewart.com/337234/savory-fall-stew?xsc=soc_pin_savoryfallstew_08152013&crlt.pid=camp.dpLzq69Rvku6