Twice Baked Cauliflower Mashed No-Tatoes
Author: Kristen Barkley
A great cauliflower substitute for twice baked potatoes.
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower, washed and cut in florets
- 2 T Romano Cheese
- 5 T Grass Fed Butter
- ¼ t Fine Sea Salt
- Sprinkle of Pepper, Garlic Powder and Parsley
- 2 Green Onion Spears, Chopped
- ¼ c Manchego Cheese, Grated
- 1 T Cooked Crumbled Turkey Bacon
- Place cauliflower in a large pot covered with water. Bring to boil.
- Reduce to a gentle boil and cook with lid on for 8 - 10 minutes. Cauliflower should be tender but not mushy. Remove from heat. Drain well.
- Put the cauliflower back in pot with lid on and let stand for 5 minutes. This ensures the cauliflower doesn't get watery. Don't skip this step.
- Place cooked cauliflower in the food processor with Parmesan Cheese, Yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley. Pulse until it becomes whipped/consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place mashed cauliflower in a greased casserole dish. Top with onion, bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until heated through and then broil for a couple of minutes to crisp up cheese.
- If you make the mashed cauliflower ahead of time and it has been refrigerated bake for 30-35 minutes and then broil for a couple of minutes.