Salmon Asparagus Frittata
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish, Breakfast
This tasty egg and salmon dish is versatile as it can be eaten for any meal at any time of day!
- 2 t coconut oil
- ½ Small Onion, Chopped
- 1 Small Bunch Asparagus Tops, chopped in small, bite sized pieces
- 4 oz Smoked Wild Salmon, Diced (or use leftover salmon)
- 6 Eggs
- ½ Cup full fat coconut milk
- 8 oz Organic Goat or Sheep Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 t Fresh Dill, Chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté onion and asparagus in oven proof skillet until slightly tender. Add salmon and heat through.
- Take pan off heat. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Add cream cheese in small chunks blending until as smooth as possible.
- Pour mix over the salmon and asparagus and add salt and pepper. Stir slowly just to combine ingredients. Cook over medium/low heat until edges look set.
- Remove from stove and finish cooking in oven for 17 - 20 minutes. Flip over onto serving platter. Garnish with salmon, sliced avocado, and/or an olive, if desired.
*Adapted from the book Maximized Living Nutrition Plans by Dr. B.J. Hardick, Kimberly Roberto and Dr. Ben Lerner.