Red Wine Crockpot Brisket and Onions
Author: Kristen Barkley
Red Wine Crockpot Brisket and Onions makes for an easy yet exquisite dinner!
- 1 (3 lb) grass fed brisket
- 2 T olive oil
- 8 oz pearl onions
- 3 large sweet onions sliced thin
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 cups Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 T chopped fresh herbs, thyme, rosemary
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over high heat. Add brisket to pan and sear and brown on both sides. Remove from pan and place in crock pot.
- Add shallots and yellow onion to pan.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and coat well. Allow onions to caramelize over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- Stir in chopped herbs and wine and cook additional 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over brisket and top with pearl onions.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
- Remove and serve with onions and sauce.