Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Dessert
These paleo pumpkin cookies are perfect for welcoming fall. Nutty and versatile... these little treats are sure to be a hit!
- 1 c almond flour
- ¼ c pumpkin puree, canned
- ¼ t baking soda
- ½ c paleo chocolate chips
- ½ c crunchy or creamy almond butter, depending on desired cookie texture
- ½ c pecans roughly chopped
- ½ c honey
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and spread a parchment paper over a cookie sheet.
- Place all the wet ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them thoroughly until they mix well.
- Place the almond flour in a different bowl and stir in rest of the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold the dry mixture gradually into the wet one until they blend together to form a uniform mixture.
- Drop small portions of the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet and press each of them gently with your palm to flatten them out slightly.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for about 12- 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and leave them within it for a couple of minutes then place them on a wire rack, outside the oven and continue to cool completely.
- Seal them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge.
- Munch on them whenever you feel hungry and enjoy!