Paleo Pumpkin Loaf
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Breads, Breakfast, Breads
This grainless pumpkin loaf is so moist and delicious, you'd never think it's paleo!
- 1 c almond flour
- ¼ c coconut flour
- ¼ c pecan or walnuts
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- ⅛ t all spice
- ¼ t ground cloves
- ¼ t salt
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- Streusel Topping:
- ½ c chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 T melted coconut oil
- 1 T honey
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- 2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the edges enough to grab.Grease parchment with baking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and combine with a spatula.
- Carefully pour batter into loaf pan and smooth the top. Set aside.
- Combine all the streusel ingredients in a small bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the top of the bread batter.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, until a fork or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and rest loaf pan on cooling rack.
- After about 10 minutes, remove loaf from pan by the edges of the parchment paper and place directly on cooling rack to cool for another 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully pull off parchment paper and slice.
Adapted from a recipe on www.runningtothekitchen.com by Gina Matsoukas.