Peppercorn Steak and Mushroom Kabobs
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
These grilled kabobs layered with steak, mushroom, onion, and pepper are marinated in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce creating a flavor packed simple dish!
- 1½ lbs sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 8 oz white mushrooms
- 1 large red onion, diced into large 1 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers of color choice, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 T whole black peppercorn
- 1 t raw local honey
- ¼ c wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T Tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- Sea salt to taste
- About 12 wood or metal kabob skewers
- Soak wooden skewers 30 minutes.
- Remove from water and layer onion, pepper, meat and mushrooms.
- Continue till all ingredients are skewered.
- Place in a large baking dish or Tupperware.
- In a blender or a food processor mix, peppercorns, honey, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, Tamari, and sea salt.
- Purée peppercorns for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour marinade over kabobs and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes. Making sure all kabobs are coated well.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill. And cook to desired wellness.