One Pan Chicken and Veggies
Author: Kristen Barkley
This paleo one pan chicken and veggies dish is surprisingly one of my families favorite things we have made. It is super simple but ridiculously delicious!
- 6 chicken thighs (bone in)
- 1 acorn squash sliced into ½ inch pieces (seeds removed)
- 6-8 organic carrots (peeled and trimmed)
- 1 medium onion, large diced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ t white pepper
- ½ T minced parsley
- ⅓ c pure maple syrup, optional
- 1½ T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large baking dish, line bottom of pan with carrots.
- Cover carrots with squash slices and diced onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken on top of veggies skin down. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes and remove.
- Flip breast to skin up and drizzle with 1 T olive oil and maple syrup.
- Dust with white pepper and parsley.
- Place back in oven for 20-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165F.