Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This hearty paleo Italian Brisket dish is both healthy and tasty! Yummy veggies like onions, celery, and bell pepper with grass-fed brisket makes the perfect savory combination!
- 3 lb beef brisket flat (do not trim all fat, it's flavor)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6 celery hearts sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 c marinara
- 1 jar diced tomatoes
- 1 c red wine
- ½ T minced parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pan or Dutch oven.
- Rub brisket well with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Lay fatty side down in hot oil first.
- Once it has a crust (approx 5 minutes over medium high heat) flip and repeat.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, celery and bell pepper to pan. Scrap bottom and stir in all the goodness.
- Allow veggies to soften slightly and become fragrant.
- Add wine and stir in.
- Add marinara and diced tomatoes.
- Season with parsley.
- Bring to boil and cover and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 4 hours.
- (You can also move to crockpot for 4-6 hours)