Maple Dijon Salmon
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
Sweet maple syrup with tangy mustard makes a perfect sauce for salmon. The crumbled turkey bacon puts this recipe over the top!
- 1½ lbs fresh salmon filet
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ T stone- ground mustard
- 1½ T Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ T pure maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or turn broiler to high
- In a bowl, combine the maple syrup, mustard, and garlic.
- Season the salmon to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the entire maple-mustard mixture on top of the salmon.
- Place the salmon on the grill, and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or broil on high for about 10 minutes.
- Remove salmon, sprinkle some turkey bacon on top, and serve.
Adapted from http://paleoleap.com/grilled-maple-dijon-salmon-bacon/