Author: Kristen Barkley
This Italian chicken dish is simple yet full of flavor. Prep and clean up are minimal so it's a must have for busy cooks!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Oregano to taste
- sea salt to taste
- sheep cheese, shredded (optional)
- zucchini noodles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, tomato, and oregano, and sauté until soft (about 3-5 minutes).
- Spoon tomato mixture over chicken, and top with cheese if desired.
- Bake 30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken has reached 165F.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve over zucchini noodles if desired.