Herb Chicken with Wine Gravy
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This simple chicken dish served with a tasty creamy wine gravy creates gourmet meal the whole family will enjoy in a cinch!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ T minced sage
- 2 T minced Rosemary
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 c white wine (moscato)
- 8 oz chicken stock
- ¼ c coconut cream
- 1 T arrowroot powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add sage, rosemary and garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan.
- Cook chicken until brown on both sides. About 3 minutes. (It will be almost cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and add wine. Scrape bottom of pan and remove herbs and garlic.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and add chicken back to pan.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook down for 15 minutes. Check pan periodically to make sure there is still liquid. If not add a splash more wine.
- In a small cup mix chicken stock and arrowroot powder. Mix well and add to pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Stir well until sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve.