Guacamole Stuffed Fajita Burgers
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
These guacamole stuffed fajita burgers are flavorful and filling and sure to please the entire family!
- 1½ lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 t lime juice
- 1 T season salt
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Jarred salsa, optional
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce sliced
- 3 T pasture butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat.
- Dice a slice or two of onion until you have 1 T. Reserve.
- Place remaining sliced onions into skillet and sprinkle with salt.
- Allow them to soften and yellow before adding sliced peppers.
- Stir in peppers. Slowly caramelize, but make sure they don't burn. You may need to turn heat down just a tad.
- Separate ground beef into eight equal balls and flatten into thin patties (About 6 inches in diameter.) Set them aside.
- In a bowl add 2½ avocados and mash well.
- Add lime juice, diced onion, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 large spoon full of guacamole in center of four patties and top with another beef patty.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes or until desired wellness reached.
- Wash sliced lettuce and plate.
- Top lettuce with burger, peppers and onions, diced tomato, cilantro and a few slices of fresh avocado (remaining ½).
- Serve immediately with your favorite salsa if desired.