Grilled Chicken Paleo Pasta
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This carb-less pasta dish is fresh and delicious. It combines shallots, tomatoes, parsley, chicken, and spaghetti squash for a light and refreshing meal!
- 1½ pounds grilled chicken, seasoned to taste (I use olive oil and garlic herb seasoning)
- 2 spaghetti squash, prepared as directed below (about 4-6 c)
- ½ c fresh chopped parsley
- 1½ c cherry tomatoes
- ½ c chopped shallots
- 3 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 2 T pasture butter
- Splash of white wine or sherry
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Grated sheep Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice spaghetti squashes in half length wise.
- Place face down on baking sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon out seeds.
- Scrape out flesh with fork.
- While spaghetti squash is baking, brush chicken with olive oil and season to taste.
- Grill 20 minutes or until inside temperature reaches 165F.
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat.
- Add shallot to pan and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 min.
- Add pasta and chicken and splash with wine. Combine well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add parsley and combine well and remove from heat.
- Top with dr brown approved cheese and serve.