Grainless Cornbread Dressing
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
This is a paleo twist of a Thanksgiving staple, cornbread dressing! It is so similar in texture and flavor to the original that no one will believe it is actually grainless!!
- 1 pan of grainless cornbread, crumbled
- 1 c celery, diced (about 3 stalks)
- 1 c yellow onion, diced
- 1 t cream of tartar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T sage
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1 c chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In a big bowl, mix together cornbread crumbles, celery, onion, cream of tartar, baking powder, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a small rectangular baking dish.
- Pour in enough chicken broth until cornbread mixture is wet but not soupy.
- Pat down.
- Bake for 2 hours, adding more chicken broth as necessary. Dressing should be browned and crisp on top but still moist underneath.
Reheat at 350F for 30 min.