Cranberry Brussel Sprouts
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
This wonderful blend of fruit, nuts, and Brussel sprouts makes for the perfect holiday side dish!
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c pure maple syrup
- ½ T minced garlic
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ c dried cranberries
- ¼ c sliced or crumbled sheep/goat feta
- ½ c chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ c fresh cranberries
- Preheat to 400F.
- Wash and slice Brussel sprouts in half, removing ends
- Place on a shallow baking pan lined with foil.
- Mix minced garlic, olive oil, syrup, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Place Brussel sprouts on pan.
- Pour mixture on top of Brussels and toss to coat evenly.
- Place pan in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- While sprouts are cooking, heat walnuts on low heat in a small skillet for about 5 minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant, stirring often.
- Remove brussel sprouts when golden brown.
- Allow to cool before tossing with walnuts, feta, and dried cranberries.
- Plate and top with fresh cranberries.
Adapted from https://marlameridith.com/maple-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-walnuts-blue-cheese-cranberries-recipe/