Cod and Acorn Squash
Author: Kristen Barkley
This dish is so unique as it using delicious acorn squash as a bowl for a tasty coconut cream sauce over pan fried cod... As yummy as it is beautiful!
- 4 (6 oz) cod fillets, bones and skin removed
- 2 acorn squash, halved with seeds removed
- 1 large shallot, diced (about ¼ c)
- ½ t cumin
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 8 oz coconut milk include cream
- 6 T pasture butter
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Prepare acorn squash buy placing 1 T butter inside each half and sprinkling with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 45 minutes.
- The last 15 minutes squash is cooking, start preparing fish.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add red pepper flakes and minced garlic to pan and cook 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Season fish with sea salt, pepper and cumin, and add to pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip. Meat should flake easy.
- Remove fish from pan and set aside. Try to leave garlic and red pepper flakes.
- In same skillet add 2 T butter and shallot.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until shallot begins to soften.
- Reduce heat to low simmer and add coconut.
- Stir well and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove acorn squash and top with cooked fish. Drizzle with coconut sauce and serve.