Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Desserts
These guiltless chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect dessert for your next special occasion. No processed sugar...just real food.
- 4 oz. 100% Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 3 T coconut butter or pasture butter
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- ½ c crushed pecans, optional
- Wash strawberries in cold water and towel or air dry well as chocolate will not stick to them wet.
- In double boiler pot, heat chocolate, butter, and maple syrup, stirring continuously.
- Dip dried strawberries in hot chocolate and place on wax paper to dry, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Then roll into the crushed pecans, if desired.
- Place strawberries in the freezer for 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Chocolate recipe adapted from http://fitfoodiefinds.com/2014/11/vegan-chocolate-chips/