Chicken stuffed with goat cheese & red pepper tapenade
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Chicken Stuffed with Cheese & Red Pepper Tapenade
A greek inspired chicken dish that is light and refreshing.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 6 cups fresh washed spinach leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup drained, chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 3 Tablespoons pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 Tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces Dr. Brown approved cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the garlic, shallot, and thyme for 2 minutes, until softened. Add the spinach, and sauté for 1 minute longer, until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the skillet from the heat, and let the aromatics cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the roasted red peppers with the olives, capers, and balsamic vinegar.
- Place about one-quarter of the spinach mixture in the center of each pounded chicken breast. Evenly divide the Dr. Brown approved cheese among the chicken breasts, placing a small piece over the spinach; then top with 1 tablespoon of the roasted red peppers.
- Fold the top of the breast over the filling to form a package, sealing the bottom of the chicken packages whenever needed. Place the chicken on a baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven 25 minutes. Uncover, brush the chicken with a little olive oil, and cook an additional 10 minutes, until the chicken is brown.