Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main dish
A unique twist on a classic dish that will leave your family and friends satisfied.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 T almond flour
- 1 t chopped parsley
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t ground black pepper
- 2 c chicken broth
- ⅓ c dry white wine
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ t minced garlic
- 2 lemons: 1 sliced thinly; 1 for zest and juice
- 4 t capers, rinsed and drained
- On a sheet of waxed paper, combine almond flour, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off and reserving the excess.
- In a bowl, combine leftover flour, lemon juice, wine and chicken broth. Whisk until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and sauté until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice/broth mixture to the pan, stirring to combine with pan drippings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce, and simmer for 3 minutes. Place chicken back into pan. Cook until thoroughly done, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon slices and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with capers and serve.