Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This quick and easy chicken stir fry has lots of yummy flavor and is also nutritious!
- 2 lbs chicken thigh (diced)
- ¼ c raw local honey
- ⅓ c water
- 2 T minced ginger
- ⅓ c wheat free Tamari sauce or coconut amino
- 2 T arrowroot powder
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 8 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t garlic powder or 2 minced fresh cloves
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Combine honey, gignger, water, Tamari, and arrowroot powder and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Dice chicken and carrots while boiling broccoli.
- Add oil to pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until done.
- Add carrots, garlic, and Tamari sauce mixture. Cook additional 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir together.
- Top with pepper flakes.
Adapted from Tip Hero