Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This hearty Champagne Roast recipe is filling, delicious, and super nutritious with lots of veggies like carrots, onions, and cabbage!
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut into ⅛ ths
- 2 c beef bone broth or regular beef broth
- 2 T champagne vinegar
- ½T dry mustard
- 2 T olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Rub roast with sea salt and pepper. Place in hot oil and brown all sides.
- Add roast to crockpot.
- Stuff carrots and cabbage around roast.
- In a large glass, mix broth, dry mustard, vinegar and stir well.
- Pour over meat and veggies.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.