Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This Thai -inspired Cashew Chicken Stir Fry dish is very flavorful and satisfying!
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in cubes
- 2 T arrowroot powder
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ c wheat-free Tamari sauce
- 3 T coconut vinegar
- 4 T Dr. Brown approved ketchup (or homemade)
- 1 T honey
- ½ T minced garlic
- 1 t minced ginger
- 1 T hot sauce
- 1 T red pepper flakes
- 1 c raw cashews
- 6 oz snap peas
- In a gallon ziplock bag, place chicken, ½ T red pepper flakes, pepper, and arrowroot powder.
- Zip and shake to coat chicken well.
- In a wok, heat olive oil.
- Allow oil to reach high temp and add chicken mixture.
- While chicken is cooking, in a small bowl combine Tamari sauce, coconut vinegar, ketchup, hot sauce, ½ T red pepper flakes, honey, garlic, and ginger. Whisk well.
- Add cashews and mix again.
- Once chicken is browned, pour liquid mixture over chicken in wok.
- Add snap peas and stir to mix.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes on high heat.