Caramelized Pear and Pecan Salad
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Salad
This tasty salad with caramelized pears and pecans and goat cheese is the perfect starter to any meal.
- 2 c spinach
- 2 c arugula
- 3 pears, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 T pasture butter
- 1 T raw, local honey
- ¾ c whole pecans
- ¼ c crumbled goat cheese
- Wash lettuce mixture and spin dry.
- In a skillet, heat butter on medium heat.
- Once melted add honey and whisk together.
- Add prepared pears and stir well.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Allow pears to brown.
- Once brown strain from liquid in skillet and reserve liquid in pan.
- Add pecans and stir 1-2 minutes. Remove and place on parchment paper with pears.
- Add to lettuce mixture once cooled.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and dressing of your choice.