Mushroom Wine Chicken Skillet
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This Mushroom Wine Chicken Skillet is a dish that is super flavorful and even the pickiest of eaters will be asking for seconds!
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T minced parsley
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T arrowroot powder mixed in 2 T beef broth
- 2 c beef broth
- 2 c Marsala wine
- ½ T minced garlic
- 2 T pasture butter
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and parsley and add to skillet.
- Brown chicken on both sides and remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add sliced mushrooms, butter and garlic and stir scrapping the bottom of the pan for 1 minute.
- Add arrowroot mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Add wine and beef broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken back to skillet and continue to reduce for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with mushroom sauce.