Caramel Apple Oven Slices
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Dessert
Oven baked apples with butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup? Yes please.
- 2 Honey Crisp Apples
- 3 T pasture butter
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 T maple syrup
- ¼ chopped pecans optional
- 2 cups of Dr. brown approved coconut ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash, peel and core apples.
- Slice in half and then each half into pieces ⅛ inch thick.
- Soften butter and add syrup and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Drizzle over apples in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and brown on broil high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped pecans and ice cream and serve warm!