Broccoli Cheese Bites
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side Dish
This recipe makes eating vegetables fun! Broccoli is chopped up and mixed with delicious cheese and almond meal to make the perfect kid approved veggie side or appetizer!
- 4 cups whole broccoli raw reduces to 2 cups fine chop broccoli
- ½ c almond meal
- ½ c shredded goat or sheep cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ c diced green onion
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a pot bring 4 cups water to boil.
- Sprinkle water with salt and add broccoli.
- Boil for two minutes. Remove and strain broccoli.
- Place on cutting board and fine chop broccoli and add to mixing bowl.
- Mix in egg, almond meal, cheese, garlic, green onion and salt.
- Combine well and place in freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Remove from freezer and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Enjoy with your favorite dr brown approved dipping sauce.