Turkey Kielbasa Chili
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This hearty chili recipe combines ground turkey, turkey kielbasa sausage, and delicious spices and herbs for a filling and flavorful meal!
- 1 lb ground turkey thigh
- 14 oz thin slices kielbasa turkey sausage
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
- I jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 -1/2 T chili powder
- 1 T paprika
- 1 t garlic powder
- ½ T ground cumin
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil.
- Add diced onion, ground turkey and sliced kielbasa sausage to pan.
- Stir and blend well and cook until meat begins to brown and reach 165F.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and cumin.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add diced Roma tomato, crushed tomatoes and jar of diced tomato.
- Bring to boil. Cover and turn down to simmer.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve with fresh cilantro and lime.