Beef and Vegetable Stew
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Soups
This beef and vegetable stew is both hearty and delicious. It's the perfect dish for a cool, fall day!
- 2 pounds grass fed beef, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T fresh chopped garlic
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg sliced mushrooms
- 2 c frozen cut green beans
- 1 16 oz package of frozen green peas
- 1 c chopped carrots
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 c celery
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion over medium heat.
- Transfer beef and onion to a crockpot.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook in crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10.
Adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/family-vegetable-beef-soup#ixzz3F7C6FSh7