Twice Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
By using Chinese sweet potatoes, you get the look of baked potatoes with the health benefits of sweet potatoes! This recipe that combines these special sweet potatoes with beef, peas, and carrots makes for such a yummy savory homestyle dish!
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 4 Japanese sweet potatoes
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 oz. frozen peas and carrots
- 1½ T arrowroot powder
- 1½ c beef stock
- 1 t all purpose seasoning
- 4 T grassfed butter
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash potatoes and place in oven for 45-50 minutes. Should be easy to squeeze.
- While potatoes are cooking, add onion and garlic to a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Brown for 1-2 minutes, and add ground beef. Make sure you are breaking meat up well.
- Add Arrowroot powder and stir well.
- Add beef stock slowly and whisk vigorously.
- Add peas and carrots.
- Cook down uncovered until liquid reduced.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cut top off. scoop out inside and mix with salt and butter.
- Spoon beef filling into potatoes and cover with the scoop out butter potato mixture.
- Place back in oven on 400 for 15 minutes.
- Remove and Serve.