Chicken Sausage Soup
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This Chicken Sausage Soup makes an excellent cold weather dish!
- 1 qt organic chicken broth
- 1 qt water
- 6-8 chicken sausage links
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 heads escarole or spinach
- Fresh Parsley
- Lemon Zest
- Brown the onion and garlic in a small amount of olive oil in a medium sized stock pot.
- Add chicken stock and water along with salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- In the meantime, brown chicken sausages in a separate frying pan and cut into chunks. Set aside.
- Add chopped escarole or spinach to the stock mixture. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the sausage back in right before serving.
- Top with fresh parsley and lemon zest.