Moroccan Taktouka Cooked Salad
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This deliciously spiced Moroccan Taktouka Cooked Salad with green peppers and tomatoes is usually served as a dip and adds some variety to your typical meal or snack!
- 3 Green Peppers, roasted, skin removed, chopped
- 5 large Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 T Garlic, chopped
- 5 T Coriander, chopped
- 5 T Parsley, chopped
- 2 t Cumin
- 1 t Paprika
- ⅛ t Cayenne
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 t Salt
- ½ t Pepper
- Roast the green peppers on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Put all of the ingredients into a non stick pan. Saute over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Blend until you get to the constancy you desire.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with raw veggies or paleo crackers.
*Adapted from the book Maximized Living Nutrition Plans by Dr. B.J. Hardick, Kimberly Roberto and Dr. Ben Lerner.