Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This is not an ordinary burger recipe. It is so unique and tasty that you will never miss the bun!
- olive oil
- 2 c yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 c green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 T wheat-free Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ c paleo ketuchup or homemade
- 2 t minced fresh oregano
- goat cheddar or Manchego cheese
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- When hot, add onion and pepper and cook until tender.
- In another bowl, combine beef, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix lightly and shape into 12 thin patties.
- Spoon onion and pepper mixture onto centers of 6 patties and top each with 2 T ketchup and some oregano.
- Cover with remaining patties and pinch the sides securely closed.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- When you're ready and the grill is hot, grill burgers about 3 in from the coals for about 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Top with a slice of cheese when it is just about done, and cover the grill to melt the cheese.
- When cheese is melted, remove from grill and serve.