Spicy Baked Mahi Mahi with Garlic Butter
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This buttery dish is filling and flavorful. Mahi mahi is a meaty fish and much heartier than other white fish, so it makes for a wonderful meal that really satisfies.
- 2 Tbsp pasture butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco), or to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless Mahi Mahi fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Grease a baking sheet with some of the melted butter. Add garlic to the remaining melted butter and cook over medium-low heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. Sprinkle the salt and pepper all over the fish fillets and arrange them on the buttered baking sheet. Brush the fillets with the flavored butter.
- Bake the fish fillets until they are done to taste, about 7-10 minutes. Serve fish with the chives or parsley as a garnish. Serves 4.