Quick and Easy Broccoli
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Side Dish
This versatile broccoli recipe is so tasty the whole family will love it!
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 1 T olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste (sub black pepper to make it more mild)
- Trim the bottoms of the broccoli stalks and discard.
- Cut off the main stem of each stalk.
- Separate the head of broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Wash the broccoli in cold water, drain, and place in a pot of ¼ c cold water, olive oil, salt, and garlic.
- Add a pinch of more of pepper (red or black).
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, and let steam until broccoli is bright green and very crunchy-tender, no more than 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve at once.