Spiced Pumpkin and Butternut Squash Soup
Author: Kristen Barkley
Pumpkin and butternut squash create a delicious creamy soup without actually having to add any cream. The addition of nutmeg and cinnamon make this is the perfect food to welcome the Autumn!
- 2 c water
- 1 c vegetable stock
- 1 c pumpkin, chopped into ½ in squares (can sub wild yams)
- 1 c butternut squash, chopped into ½ in squares
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 T ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ t ground nutmeg
- ⅛ t ground cinnamon
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- ⅛ t ground parsley
- ⅛ t ground thyme
- ¼ t sea salt
- ¼ t freshly ground pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in soup pot.
- Heat on medium, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
- Place soup in blender and mix with olive oil.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve!