Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms & Onions
Author: Kristen Barkley
This delicious pan-seared chicken with balsamic cream sauce is topped with mushrooms and onions and is easily one of our favorite Advanced Plan approved dishes.
- 1½ lb. Bonesless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ of a Large Onion - Thinly sliced
- 1 Package of Whole Mushrooms - Halved
- ½ c of Chicken Broth
- 1 c coconut milk
- 5 T Butter - Divided
- ½ c of Romano sheep Cheese
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute onions over medium heat in 2 Tbs of butter until they are nice and caramelized - About 15 Minutes. After they reach a nice golden brown color, remove the pan from the burner and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining 3 Tbs. of butter over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts in the pan and brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside. The chicken should NOT be fully cooked at this point.
- De-glaze the pan with the chicken stock. Use a rubber spatula to make sure you get all the chicken bits and butter off the pan. This helps to flavor your sauce. Add the heavy cream and the balsalmic vinegar and stir.
- Add mushrooms and a little salt and pepper, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, turn heat back up to medium and saute until the chicken is cooked all the way through. About 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from the pan and plate. Add the Parmesan and caramelized onions to the sauce and keep stirring until the cheese is completely melted in.
- Cover the chicken breasts with the sauce, serve and enjoy this amazing dish!
Recipe adapted from: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/PAN-SEARED-CHICKEN-WITH-BALSAMIC-CREAM-SAUCE-MUSHROOMS-AND-ONIONS-51221601