Mexican Taco Stew
Author: Kristen Barkley
This beefy tomato and vegetable stew is easy to prepare and can be easily adapted to feed a multitude of people! Use your favorite salsa recipe and feel free to experiment with different veggie combos to taste!
- ½ lb. Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 T Taco Seasoning
- 2 c Chicken Broth
- 2 Large Zucchini or Summer Squash, cubed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 c Medium Salsa
- ½ c shredded sheep cheese or goat cheddar
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- Brown meat in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Drain, remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add meat back to pot and sprinkle mixture with taco seasoning to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour into bowls and top with cheese and avocado.