Maple Dijon Skillet Chicken
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This dish combines bacon, chicken, and mushrooms and is topped with a delicious maple dijon sauce. Super flavorful and kid approved!
- 4-6 chicken cutlets
- 6 slices peppered turkey bacon
- ¼ c sliced leeks or green onions
- 1 t all-purpose seasoning
- 8 oz sliced white button mushrooms
- 3 T dijon mustard
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 T arrowroot powder
- 1 8 oz can coconut milk
- sea salt to taste
- 2 t olive oil
- In a skillet heat 1 t olive oil.
- Place turkey bacon in hot skillet and cook until slightly crispy, flipping half way through.
- Remove bacon from pan and place on saucer.
- Add chicken seasoned with all-purpose seasoning and salt to pan and brown both sides.
- In a small bowl mix 4 oz coconut milk and arrowroot powder and whisk vigurously. Chop bacon into bite size pieces.
- Once chicken just reaches 165F (about 7 minutes,) remove and plate with chopped bacon.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and scrap bottom of pan while adding mushrooms and onions.
- Stir well and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut mixture to skillet and whisk.
- It will thicken slightly and you can add dijon and maple.
- Stir and combine well.
- Add chicken and bacon back to skillet and cook over medium heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Make sure you stir frequently.
- Remove from skillet and serve with sauce immediately.