Leftover Turkey Tacos
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
Not sure what to do with that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving? This turkey taco recipe is sure to give it a new flavor and help you enjoy it all over again!
- 3 c left over turkey (cooked, shredded, sliced)
- 1 large yellow onion thin sliced
- 2 large shallots sliced thin
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 T paprika
- 1 T cumin
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, mashed
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and shallot.
- Allow to soften slightly.
- Add turkey meat and seasoning.
- Cook turkey until heated through and onions are caramelized.
- Add juice of ½ lime and remove from heat.
- Add to your favorite dr brown approved "tortilla" or over a fresh bed of greens.
- Top with mashed avocado and sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.