Hearty Poultry Soup
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Soups
This hearty homemade poultry soup is very versatile and packed with healthy foods like lean chicken or turkey, onion, carrots, and celery!
- 3 chicken breast or 1 large turkey breast skin on bone in
- 16 oz water
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot add water, broth and chicken.
- Season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is well done. Remove skin and bones and shred chicken.
- Place chicken back in stock pot with carrots, celery, sage, bay leaf and thyme and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low simmer and cook additional 30-40 minutes.