Grilled Halibut Fillet Cacciatore
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
This light Italian dish is loaded with veggies and bursting with flavor. Try serving this atop spaghetti squash for a complete Dr. Brown approved meal!
- 4 (6 oz) halibut fillets
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t oregano
- 2 lbs Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 green bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 3 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- ¾ c sherry
- In a large sauce pan, saute onions and bell peppers in a small amount of oil until tender (about 5-7 minutes). Add mushrooms just before done.
- Add tomato, oregano, sherry, and garlic, and simmer.
- While sauce is simmering, pan sear the halibut in a separate pan (about 2 minutes per side).
- Add fillets to sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes.