Garlic and Salsa Grilled Chicken
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
Festive chicken dish perfect for parties or for any meal.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Pound chicken to ½ –inch thickness. Cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips.
- In a mixing bowl, mix salsa, oil, lime juice, garlic and cumin. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- On 8 inch long skewers, thread chicken accordion-style. Reserve salsa mixture. Place skewers on lightly oil grill rack over medium. Grill uncovered 10 minutes or until chicken in no longer pink, turning and brushing often with reserved salsa mixture.
- Discard remaining salsa mixture. Serve with grilled vegetables.