Greek-Style Slow Cooker Sausage and Artichokes
Author: Kristen Barkley
Recipe type: Main Dish
A combination of classic greek ingredients, easy to cook, and will add some diversity to your culinary skills.
- Olive oil
- 1½ lb uncooked ground turkey breast, ¾ teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon ground sage OR 2 packages turkey kielbasa sausage
- 1½ c frozen artichokes, hearts
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 1½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- If using ground turkey!
- Season turkey with salt and sage; shape into 1-inch balls.
- Add turkey to skillet and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and place in a 4-5 quart slow cooker OR just add sliced sausage to slow cooker.
- Add frozen artichoke hearts, oregano, pepper and broth; cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours. About 15 minutes before serving, add lemon juice and stir well.
- Note: When layering the ingredients in your slow cooker, arrange the artichoke hearts near the top so they don’t overcook. It isn’t necessary to thaw the artichokes first.